Monday, June 8, 2009

Lila's First Trip to Englewood

When I was little, I often went to Englewood for our summer beach vacation. I remember several families going at once some years. And my parents allowed me to bring my best friend Andrea one year too! When I met Clint several years ago, I found out that he has been going to the same beach house at Englewood since he was 13 years old. I've been going the past five years and it is always a welcomed get-away! See pictures below for the round house they call home two weeks out of the year.

I've heard stories of Clint's grandparents coming with them on summer vacations. This year while we were there, we had a big scare with Clint's grandma. She was put in the hospital and not doing well at all. His mom dropped everything and headed home. Well, she is doing somewhat better now and we are so thankful. She is 86 and the mother of 6 children!

Speaking of Englewood and grandparents, my grandma is a HUGE fan of Englewood. She still comes and stays at the Westin Condos when she has the opportunity.

One more Englewood story. My husband Clint chased after me for about six months before I looked his direction. He quickly became something I couldn't live without, as he earned the title of my best friend during those months. We could talk about anything and everything. Well, a few months into this one-sided courtship, I was supposed to meet a DATE in the Englewood area for a wedding. Clint drove me and dropped me off. Keep in mind, he was already smitten by this point. So to drive me two hours away to drop me off so I could spend time with someone else made me take notice of his heart! He was the sweetest guy in the world. I will never forget that, and the many other things that made me eventually fall in love.

Wonderful family memories all around at Englewood!


1 comment:

Eva Kroon Pike said...

Ahh!! Love it! My parents have a round house for one of their rentals in NC!! They are awesome! I'm glad that you guys had a great time! =)