Friday, August 7, 2009

Mark A. Russell

Last Friday nite, Mark A. Russell past away in his sleep. He was only 40 years old, a husband, and a father of a four-year-old boy.

He had a great impact on my life, even though I haven't seen him for years. When I was sixteen years old he hired me to work every Saturday at Cherished Moments Christian bookstore at the Eagle Ridge Mall. I had no idea that I would be working for him for the next seven years after that. He really believed I was something special and if I ever got an itch to go work somewhere else, he hiked up my pay and enticed me to stay. When I came home from college, he made sure I had a job waiting for me at one of his GNC stores even though I didn't have a clue what protein powder was or how estrogen cream worked! I learned quickly though.

I'm sad you are gone! You were the epitome of good health! My only regret is not taking every opportunity to talk to you about eternal things...the only thing that really matters.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Katy- So sorry for your loss! Terrible that he was so young and gone already....
AmberA.